Austin Tree Health Management Experts
Property owners take pride in the beauty and value that large, healthy trees can provide. While trees are often much stronger and hardier than smaller plants and shrubs, many people forget that trees still require regular inspections and care to remain healthy for years and years to come. What’s more, the cost of replacing a single small tree can run into the hundreds of dollars, so it is much more cost-effective to manage the health of the trees on your property to prevent damage and disease.
At Hamlin Tree Care, our tree health management experts will inspect your trees to identify potential health issues, will prune and trim dead branches and limbs, and will work with the soil and root systems to keep your trees in good health so that you and your family can enjoy them for a long time. Contact us at (512) 484-0252 to speak with one of our tree health management experts today.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Trees on Your Property
Whether you are a homeowner, property developer, or contractor, the professionals at Hamlin Tree Care can help you keep the trees on your property healthy and beautiful. Here are a few tips for maintaining proper tree health:
- Choose quality trees – If you are planting a new tree, make sure to choose the right tree for the correct space on your property. Proper tree selection is the most important thing to remember, and choosing a young, healthy tree that is suited for your property is key
- Follow correct planting procedures – To avoid incorrect growth or the accidental death of your young tree, make sure to follow the correct procedures for planting the tree. Taking additional steps like mulching can help young trees grow and thrive on your property
- Properly stake young trees – Young trees require support during the first year or two of growth, and correct staking can help support the growing trunk. Poorly staked trees can be harmed by the ties or stakes and may fail to grow strong and straight.
- Pruning and caring for mature trees – Mature trees require removal of competing branches or poorly positioned limbs. Have your trees inspected to identify the structure and potential need for crown thinning to allow for sunlight and air to reach the leaves below the dense foliage at the top.
By choosing quality trees for new planting, following proper planting and training procedures, and managing mature trees on your lot, you can ensure that the trees in your yard and property are healthy enough to stand the test of time.
Choosing a Tree Care Service
Tree care companies specialize in taking care of your trees, from inspection to pruning to disease and pest management. What many people do not know is what to look for when hiring a company to take care of their trees, or what certifications and qualifications to look for. Below are some tips for hiring a tree service:
- Do they have an ISA-certified arborist on staff?
- Are they licensed to work in your city?
- Do they carry liability and worker’s compensation insurance?
- Are they willing to explain what needs to be done and provide a written estimate?
As with any type of home service, be wary of companies that offer cut-rate deals on work and are not fully certified to perform the work. Only certified arborists have the skills and equipment to safely and effectively care for the trees on your property, and the results can lead to substantial returns.
Why Choose Hamlin Tree Care?
A poorly or improperly maintained tree may not only be unattractive but also may be a safety hazard. By choosing a licensed, insured, and ISA-certified arborist from Hamlin Tree Care, you can rest assured that your trees are in good hands. We are proud to provide the highest-quality tree care services to individuals in Austin and the surrounding areas, and we are ready to show you what we can do. Contact a tree health management expert at (512) 484-0252 to get started.